Momentous Insurance Brokerage, Inc. (“MIB”) values your privacy. We at MIB are committed to protecting your Personal Information collected during the course of our business relationship. The collection, use and disclosure of certain nonpublic Personal Information are regulated by law, most notably the California Consumer Privacy Act. We are providing you with this notice for your information only and you are not required to take any action in response to it. This notice is designed to inform you about the types of information we collect, how that information is used and how it may be disclosed and to advise you of your rights with respect to your Personal Information.
Information We Collect:
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected Personal Information only as it relates to the procurement of insurance coverage on behalf of our clients. With respect to onboarding our employees, to process payroll and enroll in health care benefits. The Personal information we collect for these business purposes consists of the following categories:
For Insurance Clients:
- name, address, phone number, email address, driver’s license number, date of birth and credit card information
- identification and location of assets you want to be insured, including primary and secondary homes, rental properties, boats and recreational vehicles
- identification of personal property such as jewelry, artwork, collectibles, vehicle VIN numbers
- medical information– this only applies to those Consumers seeking life insurance, group or individual medical insurance, cast and crew insurance or non-appearance insurance
- name, address, phone number, email address, social security number, driver’s license number, date of birth, valid work authorization
We collect this Personal Information from the following sources:
- Insurance Company Applications for insurance or other forms such as claims forms or underwriting questionnaires completed by you or on your behalf;
- Information about your transactions with us; and
- Depending on the type of transaction you are conducting with us, information may be collected from consumer reporting agencies, health care providers, employers and other third parties such as your business manager.
- For our Employees and Applicants only: Employment Applications completed by you.
Personal Information We Disclose:
The Personal Information that we have obtained will only be disclosed, as permitted by law, to third parties when necessary in order to conduct normal business activities, e.g., to transact the insurance services such as to obtain quotes from insurance carriers, to procure insurance policies or to report a claim to your insurance carrier on your behalf and assist you in the claims handling process. Additionally, for our employees only, we disclose your Personal Information to process payroll.
In the preceding 12 months, we made disclosures to the following types of third parties:
- Prospective and your insurance carriers, including but not limited to, their underwriters and claims adjusters;
- Any surplus lines or wholesale broker needed to procure your insurance policies;
- Independent claims adjusters, investigators, and attorneys whom you have hired and who need the information to investigate, defend or settle your claim;
- Your authorized agent/business manager assisting you in procuring insurance;
- Insurance regulatory agencies in connection with the regulation of our business; and
- Lienholders, mortgagees, lessors or other persons shown on our records as having legal or beneficial interest in your insurance policies.
- For our employees only: Payroll service provider who processes payroll on our behalf.
We do not and will not sell your Personal Information to others for marketing purposes or any other purpose. We do not sell any Personal Information belonging to any minors under the age of 16. Nor do we disclose the personal information of persons who have ceased to be our customers.
Protection of Information:
MIB maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with state and federal regulations to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. We also limit employee access to your personal information to those with a business reason for accessing such information.
Your Rights Regarding the Personal Information We Have Collected About You:
- Request to Know – You have a right to request that we disclose what Personal Information of yours we collect, use and disclose to others. Once we verify your request to make sure that you are the person whose Personal Information is being sought, we will respond to your request within 45 days of receiving your request.
- Upon a verified consumer request, we are obligated to disclose to you any or all of the following:
- Specific pieces of personal information that we have about you;
- Categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose about you;
- Categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- Employees and Applicants of Momentous Insurance Brokerage, Inc. are not entitled to make a Request to Know at this time.
- Request to Opt-Out of Sale– Because we do not sell your Personal Information, we are exempt from the opt-out provision of the California Consumer Privacy Act. This means that you do not have the right to ask us to not sell your information and we do not have an obligation to provide you with a link to request an opt-out option.
- Request to Delete – Consumers have a right to request that their Personal Information be deleted unless doing so would violate another law or regulation. We are regulated by the Insurance regulations overseen by the Insurance Commissioner. Those regulations require that we maintain any and all communications, documentation and information concerning the underwriting and purchasing of insurance in your file for a minimum of five years. Therefore, we cannot honor any Consumer requests to delete Personal Information you have provided to us for this purpose. We do not collect any Personal Information from you other than what we need to procure the policies of insurance you have requested from us. Therefore, we cannot delete any of the Personal Information we have collected from you.
- Designation of Agent – You may designate an agent to make a request for access on your behalf. To do so, please provide your notarized written request to designate an agent via U.S. mail to the person handling your account with us. We will then verify this request through your established two-step verification process discussed below.
- Nondiscrimination – We may not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act. This means we cannot charge a different price based solely on your decision to exercise your right to request access to your Personal Information we collected about you.
- Financial Incentives – We do not offer any financial incentives in exchange for your Personal Information.
Verifying the Consumer Request
Once we receive a request for access to Personal Information, we will verify your request in a two-step authentication process. We will first check to see that the information provided to us in the Request to Know matches the information we have on file for you. We will then contact you both on the email address that we have on file for your account and on the telephone number we have for you on account. If the request comes through an authorized agent for you, we will confirm with you directly through these two means that you have in fact designated an authorized agent for this purpose. In verifying your request, we will not ask you to provide a copy of your valid identification such as driver’s license, passport, social security number, credit card number or health insurance information. We will not respond to any request for Personal Information data unless and until we have satisfactorily confirmed that you are the person making the request.
Momentous Insurance Brokerage, Inc.
5990 Sepulveda, Suite 550,
Van Nuys, California 91411