Film & Television

Our Film & Television specialists are well-connected in the entertainment world, and have solid relationships with producers, creative professionals and insurance carriers. We are creative and passionate about each project, and provide innovative products with the dedicated service you need to get your production off the ground. With a list of clientele that include Academy Award and Emmy winners, it's no wonder that Momentous is the trusted broker of choice.

Protect Your Production Areas of Specialization Types of Coverage

Production insurance is necessary to your project. The type of policy you need will differ based on the type of production you are planning as different coverages will apply to various aspects of a production. Insurance is required to:

  • Get funding or completion bonds
  • Get payroll service started
  • Obtain a permit or rent a location
  • Rent equipment, props or autos
  • Get distribution
  • Satisfy guild requirements


On a set, there are many moving parts, and each come with risks that may potentially jeopardize the production. Insurance can help protect you from:

  • Unforeseen accidents
  • Bodily injury lawsuits
  • Property damage claims
  • Financial setbacks
  • Delays in filming
  • Producer errors and omissions
Certificate Management Software

Certificate Management is an exclusive service of Momentous Insurance Brokerage, Inc. This software allows for an easy process of uploading, tagging and managing your insurance certificates. Read more.


How do I get a quote?

You will need to:

  1. Provide a copy of the script
  2. Provide a copy of the budget
  3. Provide a shooting schedule

Our team will guide you through this process.

What is Essential Element Cast Coverage and when is it necessary?

It is becoming increasingly more common for distributors or financial entities to require Essential Element Cast Coverage on one or more “key performers” in a production; this could be a lead actor or the director. This coverage gives the production company control over the right to abandon a production should the “essential element” become incapacitated or unable to perform their duties for a specified “hold period” (usually 60 to 990 days). Coverage is subject to an additional premium charge.

How do I obtain Errors & Omissions Insurance and when should I purchase it?

To obtain the coverage an application is required. This policy provides legal liability coverage, including defense, against claims alleging unauthorized use of titles, format, ideas, characters and plots, plagiarism, and unfair competition. It also provides coverage for alleged libel, slander, defamation of character or invasion of privacy. Punitive Damages are not covered. This coverage may be required by distributors, prior to the release of any theatrical or television production.

Do I need to provide Workers' Compensation Coverage for independent contractors?

Generally speaking, if there is an employer/employee relationship then the production may be required to provide Workers’ Compensation coverage pursuant to applicable law. If a payroll service is being utilized, they may provide this coverage as part of their services, but it it may not apply to any unpaid volunteers or interns. Productions may wish to consider Workers’ Compensation coverage for these individuals even when a payroll services is involved.

How do I deal with stunts, pyrotechnics, aircraft, watercraft, railroad, animals and other insurance issues?

If any stunts or pyrotechnics are part of the production, it may become necessary to provide additional information regarding limits desired or required. In addition, you may have to provide information regarding the use of animals, aircraft, watercraft, or railroads. Special insurance may be required for these exposures, and a surcharge or additional premium may apply and may depend upon the usage and exposures declared.

I am signatory to the unions. Is there anything special I need to do?

When the production company is signatory, they are required by the Guild or Union contracts to purchase a Guild Travel Accident policy. Coverage is blanket, and the pre-established limits must meet all signatory requirements. Coverage is also included for full time non-union employees, up to a benefit limit of $50,000 each. Higher limits can be purchased where needed.