Film & Television

Our Film & Television specialists are well-connected in the entertainment world, and have solid relationships with producers, creative professionals and insurance carriers. We are creative and passionate about each project, and provide innovative products with the dedicated service you need to get your production off the ground. With a list of clientele that include Academy Award and Emmy winners, it's no wonder that Momentous is the trusted broker of choice.

Protect Your Production Areas of Specialization Types of Coverage
Insurance Solutions

As one of the nation’s leading insurance brokers, we specialize in designing competitive and innovative insurance programs for the ever-evolving entertainment industry. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:

  • Production Package
  • Cast/Essential Elements
  • General Liability
  • Non-owned Hired Auto
  • Umbrella/Excess Liability
  • Stunts, Pyro and Hazardous Activities
  • Guild Travel Accident
  • Foreign Workers’ Compensation
  • Non-Owned Aircraft Liability/Drones
  • Foreign General Liability
  • Foreign Contingent Automobile Liability


How do I get a quote?

You will need to:

  1. Provide a copy of the script
  2. Provide a budget
  3. Provide a shooting schedule
What is Essential Element Cast Coverage and when is it necessary?

It is becoming increasingly more common for distributors or financial entities to require Essential Element Cast Coverage on one or more “key performers” in a production; this could be a lead actor or the director. This coverage gives the production company control over the right to abandon a production, (where the standard cast wording gives that decision to the insurance company) should the “essential element” become incapacitated or unable to perform their duties for a specified “hold period” (usually 60 to 90 days). Coverage is subject to an additional premium charge.

How do I obtain Errors & Omissions Insurance and when should I purchase it?

To obtain the coverage an application is required. This policy provides legal liability coverage, including defense, against claims alleging unauthorized use of titles, format, ideas, characters and plots, plagiarism, and unfair competition. It also provides coverage for alleged libel, slander, defamation of character or invasion of privacy. Punitive Damages are not covered. This coverage will usually be required by distributors, prior to the release of any theatrical or television production.

Do I need to provide Workers' Compensation Coverage for independent contractors?

There is much confusion about “independent contractors” or “1099 employees” when it comes to Workers’ Compensation. Generally speaking, if there is an employer/employee relationship (i.e. Production tells them where to be, when to be there and what they are supposed to do) then Workers’ Compensation law requires that production provide the coverage. If a payroll service is being utilized, they often provide this coverage as part of their services, but it is important to remember they would not pick up any unpaid volunteers or interns, so the Production may need to provide Workers’ Compensation coverage for these individuals even when a payroll service is involved.

How do I deal with stunts, pyrotechnics, aircraft, watercraft, railroad, animals and other insurance issues?

If any stunts or pyrotechnics are part of the production, it may become necessary to provide additional information regarding limits desired or required. In addition, you may have to provide information regarding the use of animals, aircraft, watercraft, or railroads. Special insurance is usually required for these exposures, and a surcharge or additional premium is normally charged based upon the usage and exposures declared.

I am signatory to the unions. Is there anything special I need to do?

When the production company is signatory, they are required by the Guild or Union contracts to purchase a Guild Travel Accident policy. Coverage is blanket, and the pre-established limits must meet all signatory requirements. Coverage is also included for full time non-union employees, up to a benefit limit of $50,000 each. Higher limits can be purchased where needed.